Contextual week Introduction : Colin Davies
- A series of people talking about there ideas and BELIEF IN THERE SUBJECT AREA
- critical THINKING -Why/Reflection / vocabulary / contexts
- New thinking _ Reflection/ idea generation / employable / confidence
- Practice – You a artist and designer /Your audience / Style and direction
- idea generation-thinking/listening reflecting /absorbing/creativity
- Expressing your vocabulary
- Frame work the argument
- Engagement with your practice
- Expanding your practice
- Garry unit teacher
We have an after noon session in which we talk about the essay an what Theme we each are taking about chose to focus on for are essay . At this point I was interested in society and look at advertising in illustration for example poster and impact they had with in history e.g War , protest etc. We the split into group of are chosen theme to and made a mind maps and note and question we had about the essay thing to research etc .And the collected images for example in ways which Poster have been used within War etc.
Theme : Society
I have chosen the theme of society for my globalization essay .I`m interested in look at how illustrators illustrate the time (era) in which they are in and how they view society as a whole for example the current generation in which we live in is viewed as a social media age and a lot of illustration today show this with there work and illustrate that we are what be consumed.
I had a short tutorial with Mo lea and some of the Animation student . She explained to use the essay structure and what the essay was asking use to do and also the blog half . Then we had the chance to ask any question or queries that we had about the essay .
I also took this chance to find and talk to Rachel Gannon about the theme for my essay and My interest in how illustrator view society . See suggested that I focus on one aspect of society and not on a hole. I was more interested in the youth of today and the technology take over and The qestion of are we the consumer or are we what is consumed. Rachel gave me a few artist that I could look at and also things to think about.
- Richard Hamilton
- Mark Fisher Post capitalism
- Raymond Williams Key words a vocabulary of culture and society
- Punk art rejection of modernism
- Youth society
- Pop art
- Think about How it Change
Q&A / Ideas
I was think about things I should ask myself and gain more knowledge and understand on thing so I start to write then down and find the answer and keep certain thing in mind to ask myself when writing my essay .
What is globalization?The process by which businesses or other organizations develop international influence or start operating on an international scale.
What is society?
The aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community
How are different generation illustrate….What kind of style did the artists use was it significant to the time ? What was the influence etc
How is society illustrated today?
We look into world and it is hard to find place where you dont find people hold or on some piece of technology.
social media influence in to days consumption and it take over and the shift in the role of consumerism?
how do others view soiect in diffrent greration
Is consumerism all bad ?
Look at the link below there are good things about consumerism but there is a more negative effect and the positive only really seem to benefit business wise . Were as an individual human begin it has a negative impact.
- How was society viewed in the 70s?
- Hircey Change for people to social media ?
- What is it that you would see if you step out your front door in society ?
- What country are you looking at?
- Would your perceptive of today world change depending on where you live ?
Discus how illustration responds to issued relating to society?
Introduction (500 words )
- Theme: society/ what,why
- What the essay will discuss
Main body 1 (1000)
- Sarah gold Lecture
- analyse and evaluate /argument /qestion /links
- What qestion did the lecture help you ask or support your argument for or against?
Main body 2 (1000)
- 50s – 70s
- Pop art / Artist
- consumerism/society issue:Materialism/obesity/technology/
- Today illustrators
- development of practice
- How the topic influence thinking
- summary of your findings
- how this has informed your practice
- what you views and points
Artist: I deiced for the essay to look at 3 fathers of very start of consumerism in the art world from the Pop Art Movement and then look at 3 illustrator today the give there perspective of today society of youthful generation.
Illustrator of today
Issue of today youth
After deiced to focus on the youth of society I went in search of of the issue of today youth and chose to issue in which to talk about in may essay materialism and obesity.